Options for Your Future with CareerWise Apprenticeships
Figuring out exactly what you're going to do when you finish school can be a frightening prospect. You can overcome the challenges and obstacles that lie in the way of success, and CareerWise can help. Through our apprenticeship programs, you will gain the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the future. You'll be able to earn college credits, gain valuable experience, and get paid all at the same time. Our apprenticeships represent opportunity for everybody - they aren't directed towards any one particular group of students.
CareerWise apprenticeships are different than those currently available; the outcome will leave you with multiple options rather than a one-track destination. Completing an apprenticeship with CareerWise will provide several pathways to continued success. Whether you're ready to enter the workforce after graduation, desire to continue training for specialized certifications, or want to attend a 4-year institution, the decision will be yours.
CareerWise Apprenticeships Provide Multiple Paths to Success
- Get paid while you gain meaningful, real-world work experience. You're not signing up to fetch coffee and run errands, and you won't be working for free. You'll learn on the job and contribute in a meaningful way to your employer.
- Students who participate in apprenticeships can boost lifetime earning by 30% or more.
- Apprentices who also complete a 4-year degree earn more than college graduates who did not participate in an apprenticeship.
- Learn in a wide variety of fields. CareerWise offers apprenticeships in Business Operations, Finances, Advanced Manufacturing, and Information Technology (IT)- more pathways to will be added in coming years.
- Get out of the classroom and learn in the workplace up to 3 days per week.
- Work with experienced mentors who can help you decide the best path for your future.
Explore apprenticeships on the youth apprenticeship marketplace. Applications are open February 1, 2017 - March 31, 2017.
Parents: A CareerWise Apprenticeship Will Open Doors
As the parent of a high-schooler, you're focused on providing your child with best opportunity for a bright future. Often, apprenticeships are associated with one-track paths that lead to specific employment choices - frequently union-based. CareerWise focuses on creating apprenticeship opportunities for all students - whether they are considering a 4-year education or not. In fact, CareerWise apprenticeships are designed to earn college credits that can be applied to a variety of degrees. When your student completes her apprenticeship, she'll be equipped with practical skills and will be able to choose the next step in her journey.