Help Put #EQUITYFIRST with Youth Apprenticeship
November 8 – 15, 2020 is National Apprenticeship Week. The protests in 2020 have opened America’s eyes to the need for a more inclusive and equitable economy, and CareerWise believes that youth apprenticeship can play a significant role in it. We’d love for you as an apprentice employer—the engine behind the movement—to help amplify this message during Apprenticeship Week.
Please consider using one or more of the communications in the toolkit linked below to spread the word about youth apprenticeship’s role in a more equitable future.
General Suggestions for Apprenticeship Week Promotion
- Blog/post about your apprentices (how have they surprised you? How have they handled the transition to a COVID workplace? What’s their biggest accomplishment?)
- Create a short cell-phone video about featuring your apprentices or about how youth apprenticeship has impacted your business
- Blog/post about WHY you’re an apprentice employer (Why did you become an employer to start, and how does that differ from the value you see today after having apprentices on your team? What are the business benefits you’ve realized from working with apprentices…increased capacity? Innovation? Increased engagement from staff?)
- Link to videos that speak to your experience on the CareerWise YouTube channel
- Link to CareerWise blogs
- Follow the USDOL’s National Apprenticeship Week campaign