CareerWise Supports Businesses
We are here to support you. Here's a short summary of the CareerWise approach to ensuring successful apprenticeships.
Recruiting and HR Support
- Maintain apprenticeship marketplace & provide businesses with a one-stop shop for apprentice recruiting.
- Work with K-12 districts to ensure a wide range of career-ready students preparing for, applying to, and entering apprenticeships.
- Provide consulting support on HR policies & tools including onboarding, payroll, risk management, and more.
- Facilitate businesses' efforts to build internal career progressions that support student learning and the objectives of the business.
- Tie business pathway development to broader competency and training objectives.
ESTABLISH TRAINING CENTERS
- Facilitate development of pre-workplace skills among student apprentices.
- Support development of training centers to provide pathway-specific training, which enhances apprentice productivity and supports ongoing learning.
- Consult on logistical questions regarding transportation, scheduling, program structure, etc.
Training Plan Development
- Provide guidance, training, and tools to supervisors, mentors, HR directors, and CEOs.
- Work with industry associations or affiliated business partners to define competencies, assessment, and training center learning plans for each occupational pathway offered.
- Identify competencies to be taught in the workplace. Provide mentors and supervisors with training suggestions and progress monitoring tools.
- Align training with relevant industry certifications and coordinate 3rd party assessments to ensure apprentices receive nationally-recognized credentials.
Interface with Educational Institutions
- Work with K-12 districts to ensure that curriculum in grades 9-10 prepares students for apprenticeships, including helping students develop cross-sector professional competencies, providing students with adequate career exploration opportunities.
- Broker agreements with higher education institutions so students can earn college credit during and after apprenticeships, enabling graduates to start college upon successful completion.