BEFORE YOU APPLY
Before you apply, check the criteria below to ensure you are eligible AND take the necessary steps to become a youth apprentice.
- You must be a rising junior or senior. See your counselor for other opportunities if you do not qualify for CareerWise Colorado.
- Get approval from your school's designated approver.
- Make sure your school is a participating school. Participating school districts and individual schools include:
Participating School districts
Cheery Creek School District
Denver Public Schools
Jefferson County Public Schools
Mesa County Valley School District 51
Westminster Public School
Participating individual schools
STEM School and Academy (Highlands Ranch)
Colorado Early College Fort Collins
Don't see your school listed? Contact your principal and ask about partnering with CareerWise Colorado today!
Create your cover letter: Tell your future boss why you are the best for the job. You can use this template to get started!
Build a Linkedin Profile (optional): Linkedin is widely used in the professional world and is a great way to showcase your skills. Check out this video for advice!
- Letter of Recommendation (optional): Letters of recommendation will help you stand out to employers. If you would like to submit a letter of recommendation share this form with a teacher, school counselor, extracurricular lead, or an adult that can speak to your professionalism. References should be submitted before your first interview.
Once the form is submitted, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EXPLORE: Visit the CareerWise Marketplace to explore job opportunities.
- APPLY: Once you find a role that interests you, submit your application!