CareerWise works with strategic-minded business partners that have an interest in becoming producers of their skilled-talent pipeline. Could that be your business? Here are some questions to ask:
- Does your company have an entry-level talent problem?
Do you have trouble recruiting or finding good applicants for entry-level, middle-skill positions?
Do you have trouble retaining good entry level talent?
- Does your business’ entry-level talent problem align with the pathways and occupations CareerWise supports?
Career pathways are job families within an industry : Business Operations (ie Project Management), Information Technology (ie Computer Care Associate), Financial Services (ie Accounting Clerk); or Industry Specific: Healthcare (ie Patient Care Associate) and Advanced Manufacturing (ie Production Technician).
- Does your company have the internal capacity to host, supervise, and train apprentices? (Typically, these are businesses with 10 or more employees)
- Does your organization think strategically about talent pipeline issues in three- to five-year time frames?
- Can your business align the support of the executive, HR, and potential business unit departments to champion the idea participating in an apprenticeship program?
- Does your company have the budget space to support the apprentice’s wages and training costs?